Each VEI class is limited to approximately 30 participants. To ensure that the most appropriate individuals participate in the VEI, the governor's office, legislative leaders, cabinet secretaries and agency directors are invited to nominate candidates for the program. Nominees should have the following characteristics:
- Be either a member of the governor's staff, a cabinet secretary, an agency head or a deputy with an executive, legislative, judicial or independent agency.
- Have substantial responsibility for either developing policies or policy options or for directing a major program or administrative function in the organization.
- Possess a serious interest in increasing his or her leadership knowledge and skills to make a positive contribution to public service.
Below are the items needed for application.
- VEI Candidate Information Form [PDF].
- Letter of nomination signed by a cabinet secretary, agency head or designee.
- Nominee's resume.